Make Your Move
Dream It. Do It!
Have you ever dreamed about being in business for yourself? Of calling your own shots and working around your schedule? Have you ever wished you didn’t have to choose between work and family? If you’re sick of letting an employer control how you spend your time – and if you want to take charge of your own destiny, Primerica can help!
Get a Fresh Start
- “There are now 11.3 million women-owned businesses in the U.S., employing nearly nine million people and generating over $1.6 trillion in revenues.”1
- In Canada, just 15.7% of small and medium-sized enterprises are owned by women.2
- Women of color are entering the ranks of U.S. business owners at a fast pace, comprising four in 10 (44%) of all women-owned firms.1
- Since 2007, there have been 1,072 net new women-owned firms launched each day in the U.S.1
- Between 2007 and 2016, the number of women-owned firms in the U.S. grew at a rate five times the national average.1
Managing the Money
- 44% of women in the U.S. report themselves as the primary breadwinner in their household.3
- One third (32%) of Canadian women say they fear making financial decisions because of a lack of financial knowledge.4
- 31% of women in the U.S. cite not having enough disposable income as one of the biggest impediments to reaching their financial goals.3
- Among Millennial women in the U.S., 53% say they have started saving for retirement compared to 71% of Millennial men.5
- In Canada, 61% of women reported worrying that they will not be able to save enough for retirement, versus 56% of men.4
With the help of Primerica, women are eliminating debt, investing for the future, quitting their jobs and becoming successful entrepreneurs. They’re a growing segment of today’s financial decision makers — in their homes and communities — and they understand how important it is for women to know how money works.
- womenable.com, “The State of Women Owned Businesses in the U.S.: 2016,” viewed August 2, 2016
- ic.gc.ca, “Key Small Business Statistics – June 2016,” viewed August 22, 2016
- corporate.prudential.com, “Financial Experience & Behaviors Among Women,” viewed August 22, 2016
- mintel.com, “One third of Canadian Women Fear Making Financial Decisions,” May 9, 2016
- blackrockinvestorpulse.com, “How Millennial Women Stack Up,” viewed August 22, 2016